1. Copyright; Others’ Rights
You may only make non-commercial uses of the Site and the Content. Use of Content from the Site for any commercial, public or political purpose is strictly prohibited. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to: (1) activities that are illegal or fraudulent; (2) use that inaccurately implies endorsement, approval, or sponsorship by Harvard (or any individual officer or employee of Harvard); (3) use that can be confused with official communications of Harvard or its officers or employees; and (4) print or electronic mass mailings (sometimes known as "spamming"), solicitations for commercial services, or cold-calling.
- Copyright Complaints
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe your copyright has been violated on this website, please notify us as provided at Reporting Copyright Infringements, where you will find the contact information for our designated agent under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (see 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3) for further information). That contact information pertains only to notifications of claimed infringement. Please direct all other communications concerning the Site to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rules for User Submissions; Use of Interactive Areas
The Site contains online forums (“Interactive Areas”) where registered users (also referred to as “members”) may post comments, photos and other content (collectively, “User Content”). By posting or submitting User Content to the Site, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, fully paid, perpetual license to use, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, display, perform and otherwise make available your User Content in connection with the Site or for broader educational and research purposes, including without limitation for promoting or redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) in any manner or media, and to authorize others to do the foregoing. You irrevocably waive any claim of moral right or attribution with respect to the User Content you post.
By posting User Content to the Site, you represent (i) that you have all necessary rights in and to such User Content to post it on the Site; (ii) that such User Content will not infringe on any personal or proprietary rights of any third parties; (iii) that such User Content will not contain defamatory, indecent, or otherwise unlawful material; and (iv) that such User Content will not contain any viruses or other destructive features.
Interactive Areas provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and information by users. We are not responsible or liable for any User Content that is posted or distributed. The views and opinions expressed by users are theirs alone, and are not endorsed by, and should not be ascribed to Harvard. You are solely responsible for all User Content you post, and you assume all risks relating to its use by others and others’ reliance on its accuracy.
You agree not to submit or post any content, or engage in any other activity in connection with the Site, that:
- infringes anyone’s copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary rights, or rights of privacy or publicity;
- violates any law or regulation;
- is intentionally false or misleading;
- defames, threatens or harasses anyone;
- is harmful, dangerous, abusive or offensive;
- is obscene or contains pornography;
- contains or utilizes any computer virus, other malicious code, or program that may damage or interfere with the operation of any system, or may unlawfully intercept any data or personal information;
- contains or consists of advertising or any form of commercial solicitation or activity; or
- otherwise interferes with the functioning of the Site or other users’ use or enjoyment of the Site.
Harvard may deny access to the Site to any individual at any time.
4. User Accounts; Account Termination Policy.
If you are use of the Site permitted to register an account with the Site and access the Interactive Areas:
- You agree to provide accurate and complete information when creating or updating your account.
- You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure.
- You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or other breach of security.
- You may not use another’s account without permission.
User accounts may not be shared, transferred, or sold to other parties, nor are they to be used by or made available to any person or entity except the registered user. Additionally, users shall not restrict nor inhibit any other user from enjoying any service on the Site.
5. No Medical or Health Advice
The Site is maintained for informational and educational purposes only. Site Content and User Content should not be used to diagnose, direct treatment for, or give a prognosis for any health condition, or as a substitute for obtaining medical or other professional advice in a specific situation. Always seek advice from a qualified health care professional about a medical concern, and do not disregard professional advice because of anything you read on the Site.
6. Links to other sites
Harvard may provide links to websites operated by third-parties as a convenience for our visitors. We do not endorse or accept responsibility for the content or the use of third-party websites. If you use third-party sites, you do so solely at your own risk. Links do not imply that Harvard is affiliated or associated with any linked site.
7. Harvard Names
8. Disclaimer; Limitation of Liability; Indemnification
HARVARD DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE AND YOUR USE THEROF, INCLUDING WITHOTU LIMIATATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PATICULAR PURPOSE. HARVARD MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES (1) WITH RESPECT TO USER CONTENT OR SITE CONTENT, WHICH ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS; (2) THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE IS ACCURATE; (3) THAT SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; OR (4) THAT THE SITE OR SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE FROM VIRUSES, WORMS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
10. Governing Law; Jurisdiction
11. Changes to Terms