Health Education Resources
PHACS take creative approaches to health communication. We believe that truly relevant health education resources come about by partnering and working together with all stakeholders. These include study participants, caregivers, and PHACS study staff across the US. We focus on issues that caregivers and study participants identify as important and the solutions they identify as relevant. Some of these include disclosure, healthy transition to adulthood, medication adherence, and sharing the results of PHACS studies.
Health Education and Community Core (HECC)
The Health Education and Communication Core (HECC) is a group of individuals from all over the country who work on PHACS in different roles. We work in partnership with study participants, staff, and researchers to identify and then create resources on relevant topics.
- Design of new PHACS research network website
- Focus group study with youth and caregivers affected by HIV regarding technology use in young adulthood
- Creation and design of a responsive, youth-friendly website for young adults in AMP Up
- Disclosure resource for caregivers living with HIV
- Community Advisory Board (CAB) Handbook
- Dissemination of Study Findings Handbook
- Research Summary Template for Study Participants
- Media Strategy for PHACS
- Inspiration Hub
- Story Circles at CAB retreat
- "Storyline" Conference Calls for CAB members
- Monthly Young Adult CAB meetings